Wednesday 24 January 2018

M o n W e

Let me try to write a few words in English about #metoo, Women, or Feminism; just few thoughts I share, without any intention further than that, just sharing what I think. Which is not an official theory, nor a forever and ever precept, and for sure not any imposition.
And a little bit about this is where I want to start.

I am not feminist if that means that as a Woman I have to think, act or behave in a certain way that has been now established.

We, have, to,? Because we, have, to, be, …  # ?

It is quite unbelievable that a group of French artists have shared their explained and respectful opinion regarding the #metoo movement; and they have been widely criticized or attacked by feminist movements themselves.
Think about it. 

Is this the feminisim that fights for women freedom and empowerment? Are we serious?
What type of freedom is that? 
We, have, to,?
Feminism asks for freedom from men but it doesn’t even respect it within women?
Again, do you really think about it?

I am a woman, I’m not a hashtag, and I don’t want other women to fight for a hashtag, under a hashtag, blinded by a hashtag. The hashtag is a tool, a channel, marketing. More or less useful; but for sure it is not a set of rules, or code of “the super new women we have to become”.

If a group of women are brave (or any other accurate adjective) enough to speak a different opinion than the trending topic, they should be first of all respected, then listened properly, understood and then maybe talk, discuss, or answer wisely about their own opinion within women! 

#enrich our f# shared wisdom?

I repeat, what kind of feminism is that if it is imposing?
Sorry, I don’t buy it.

Let me be very clear, I don’t expect everyone to understand, or agree with what I write, just with few of you reading this is enough!

Abuses (sexual, verbal, floral, from men, from other women…) are as present and as different as the number of women affected, or living here. 
Each story is different from the other, different context, different circumstances, different people involved, different time passed by, and a different long etcetera.

It also happens in different industries than cinema or fashion; from medicine to technology, to any home of the World. And each case, each woman, each “hashtag” should be treated with the specific matiz, hint, of each different story.

I’m kind of scared with the tendency of movements so “trending topics”, they become dangerously superficial or shouted so loudly, that they blind what hides underneath.
Not only staying at the surface, but tuning to a progressive depth.
And there, in this ability of understanding each context, each situation or those matices, can lead the paths to the future we wish to be built.

I don’t think I’m saying such weird or rude things, am I?

I don’t think we want women following a code of behaviors someone has decided for us, and lying (or not ¿?) to us that it is for our best. 
We can’t respect the transition of changes? 
We have to quickly grab the latest code of behaviors to follow? 
Aren’t we becoming more intelligent than that?

We are making loud shouts against men abuses, but inside “women community” not every opinion is permitted? Or permitted without being “hashtagged”?
Again, “allow me” to say: what the fuck?

I don’t want to write or create a “perfect description” of the woman picture I want for the future, cause obviously I would be doing the same thing I’m complaining about. 
I shout what I don’t want.
And I don’t want to future invest in victims, but in survivors. 
Do you think victimhood helps? I want to hear you.
I don’t want “model followers”, but variety of variety. 
I don’t want, for example, to follow some woman accusing sexual abuses from men; but wait what? After having benefit/played from/with the power/money of those men? Then let me be sceptic, of course. 

I’m pretty sure sexual (or other abuses) all over this World are way more serious and way less fancy than Hollywood situations. 
Tag me as you wanc
I’m not saying those Hollywood cases are not “wrong”, important, or needed to be spoken, but I want to...I want to...¿open the variety of thinking? ¿Reasoning? ¿Simply being? ¿Open the umbrella that “trends” strategically pushes us under? ¿Develop our potential? oh. 

We don’t help each other telling each other what we have to do. 
Obvious? 
Evident?

We help each other understanding a little bit better each other, with our little package under our name, face or soul.

We don’t help each other competing, judging, manipulating, showing off or easily tagging. 
But maybe, just maybe, appreciating our wide uniqueness.

¿Are we playing the intelligent for some things but not for others?


And those are the words I wanc say for now.

#24hS




No comments:

Post a Comment

Presentación bloggera de mi primer libro I

Arrancamos la semana con un lunes lluvioso y gris en Getxo, tras haber pasado un fin de semana de vagancia total y absoluta. Creo que el hec...